Millais School

(9 Posts)
Steg2012 Wed 15-Feb-17 15:33:19

Hi All,
We are needing to move to Horsham, and are very much hoping we can get our daughter into Millais School for the coming Sept (all getting a bit stressful as can't find a property at the mo with our budget!) Could anybody tell me if a school bus goes down Sedgwick Lane please. I have looked at bus routes online and can't see a public one, so wondering if there might be a school bus. Are buses to Millais good in general if we are too far to walk- would be happy to walk up to half an hour as long as it is a safe route.
Thanks for any advice too on how to get myself top of the estate agents book!

Reality Wed 15-Feb-17 16:46:17

I don't know about the bus routes but if you give Metrobus a call they'll be able to help you out.

What's your budget and what are you looking for? I love a good property hunt.

Steg2012 Wed 15-Feb-17 17:44:38

Hi there,
Thanks for the advice I'll give them a bell.
We have a budget of approx 550k. We were hoping to get something individual, but seem that doesn't budget doesn't buy a lot in the area, especially as we need to be within Millais' catchment. I am more concerned about a decent size garden than a big house and don't mind being a bit rural so long as there is a decent bus route. Yes please do let me know if you know of anybody selling! Thanks!

tattychicken Thu 16-Feb-17 14:01:27

If you go on the Millais website they have details of which bus company runs which route. You need to look for Broadwater Lane buses. You can then ring the bus company to check re routes and costs.
You could technically walk in to Millais from Sedgwick, but the lane up to the A281 is narrow and twisty, so not very safe. There is pavement along the A281 into town so if you could drop your dtr at the end of Sedgwick Lane she could safely walk in.

tattychicken Thu 16-Feb-17 14:04:36

Is it this one you're looking at?;

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43628517.html

tattychicken Thu 16-Feb-17 14:10:07

Have you seen this one? Needs loads of work and not very cutesy, but way under budget and Mannings Heath is lovely.
www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62103806.html

Steg2012 Thu 16-Feb-17 20:04:23

Hi there,
Yes that's the one!
I think we should check out the other one too- similar to the property we are in at the mo.
Not familiar with Mannings Heath- so will have a look that way on Sat.
Thanks for bus advice to!!
Panicking slightly that we might not get our daughter into Millais now at this late stage as she is due to start year 7 this Sept. Thanks again for your help.

tattychicken Thu 16-Feb-17 20:55:38

Hmmmm...yes, you might be a bit buggered for Sep. Millais is generally oversubscribed for places in yr 7 in Sep. Are you coming from far, could you commute for a bit while you're on the waiting list?
The house in Mannings Heath has been for sale a wee while, esp for the location. Houses tend to get snapped up in that village, so there may be a prob with it. Good luck!

Steg2012 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:24:52

Looks like we are just going to have to go for it and just hope for Millais! Hubby will have to commute anyway and I can work from anywhere remotely. Daughter may have to commute with hubby until she hopefully gets a place at Millais.
Think of me if you hear if anything else on the housing market!
Thanks for your kind help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now