Southwater infants

(3 Posts)
themanny Sat 28-Jan-17 11:04:19

We are returning from a posting abroad. We are out of catchment for this school but it has places.

Can anyone tell me what it is like please?

Any help hugely appreciated

Reality Sat 28-Jan-17 11:35:52

It's a great school. It's very big (four form entry) but had a nice ethos and all the kids I know love it.

The only snag if you're out of catchment is that they've recently changed the rules, and kids at the infants are no longer guaranteed a place at the juniors. There is a LOT of development in southwater and the amount of children in catchment is going to rise massively.

We chose Castlewood up the road, it's much smaller (one form entry) and is a primary so 4-11. DS2 is in reception and loving it. I've no idea if it has places though.

themanny Sat 28-Jan-17 11:44:34

Thanks that's really helpful. Yes I have seen the plans have just been agreed for the houses. The new admissions does include a criteria for if you are in infants you can get access for Juniors. But that is a concern as they are reception and year 1. Hopefully houses will take more than a year to be built etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now