train stations where you can get a seat in the morning

(5 Posts)
hg1970 Fri 04-Dec-15 09:35:45

Hi there

I work in London but am thinking of moving out of the city and commuting. I was considering West Sussex, but if I'm going to commute I want to be able to get a seat on the train. I generally leave between 7.30 and 8.30 in the morning. Can any commuters give me some advice on stations where it's possible to get a seat in the morning rushhour (and are nice places to live)? Any tips much appreciated. Thank you!

TheCrowFromBelow Sat 05-Dec-15 09:19:25

I saw you other message and think you have more chance of getting a seal than a seat grin

If you move east of the A/M23 I would say that at that time, the trains are usually full after Haywards Heath.
There are lots of lovely small villages, you would need a car though.
If you want a bigger town I would consider Tunbridge Wells in Kent, or perhaps look over towards Horsham. You don't say whether you have family, are schools important.

hg1970 Sat 05-Dec-15 18:16:53

Thanks CrowFromBelow. Yes schools are a factor too. My work is near London Bridge but I could also come in to Waterloo.

Loumate666 Wed 30-Dec-15 23:58:24

Sorry, just seen this...On the Arun Valley line (from Bognor Regis), you would deffo get a seat from Billingshurst and probably Horsham. After that, probably not.

hg1970 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:15:41

Thanks Loumate 66

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now