New mummy - Kenilworth

(4 Posts)
lolopops2 Sun 30-Apr-17 09:44:37

Hi all
I am going to be relocating from sussex up to Kenilworth during the summer. I am a single mummy with a 7 year old. I have been googling furiously and apart from this site I have not found a local forum to Kenilworth where I could meet other mums or find out about local schools or local tradespeople / services - which I will need once I find a house! lol

In Sussex, there is a local Facebook page for mums and dads which has been set up and anyone can post on there with requests for local tradespeople or to just meet up or even just asking questions about their child's weird eating habits or school issues. It's absolutely brilliant place to go to for your local area and a lot of friends have been made from it.

I was thinking of setting one up for Kenilworth. Would any of you be interested in such a site at all? I'm assuming most of us use Facebook now and it will be strictly monitored for any abuse or anti-social behaviour etc. I run a page already on there for another place and I am really strict about codes of conduct etc.

I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts! and make new friends for when I come up!

Thanks everyone

x

IamBarber Tue 02-May-17 19:31:04

This sounds like a good idea - I used a couple of Facebook groups when my kids were younger. I've left the main one now my kids are older, and it was mainly about Leamington.
Good luck with the house hunting, it's a lovely town!

lolopops2 Tue 02-May-17 20:24:29

I think I might start one. I will come back to you once I've done it. Please could you share with your friends? I use the sussex Facebook page down here SO much and it's a ridiculously helpful, invaluable "go to" reference site for loads of us. Thanks IamBarber xx

lolopops2 Tue 02-May-17 20:42:25

Hi IamBarber
I have just started a group up on fb called Leam and Ken mums and dads (LKMD). Please join the group and share amongst anyone you know living locally and ask them to join too. Thanks a lot x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now