Relocating to Warwickshire two dyslexic children

(3 Posts)
NikkiHwith2 Wed 09-Nov-16 19:09:04

Hi we are looking to relocate to Warwickshire with 2 dyslexic children DD 12yrs and DS 8, DS is severely dyslexic with additional SpLD our LEA is quite frankly a disgrace and so the support they have received is shocking hence our move. It is so key that we find the right schools for them both primary and secondary, we hope mainstream however DS may require Ind as he is so far behind.

Any advice, hope of even if you have had a bad experience please share so we can hopefully make the right choices.

Thank you all

crunched Wed 09-Nov-16 21:01:45

Hi Nikki - whereabouts in Warwicks?
I live right on the border with Oxfordshire and many parents needing dyslexic support use Sibford school but it is an independent.
I know everyone raves about state schooling in Kenilworth - they are good across the spectrum I'm told.
It's a big county - well, to be honest, I've no idea how it compares in size to other counties, but it takes a long time to drive across! - but generally seems to have a good reputation for educational standards.
Sorry I'm not being very informative but didn't want to read and run.

ExploreLearningLeamington Wed 01-Feb-17 14:26:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now