Villages in Warwickshire - help please!

(3 Posts)
Annie456 Sun 30-Aug-15 07:20:33

Hello, due to be moving to Warwickshire from London with 2 pre-school boys as my husband is relocating to Birmingham and we have family in Leicestershire. We're getting a bit frazzled looking at properties and need to narrow down our search-please help!
We need to be within a 15 min drive of a fast train to Birmingham, not more than an hour from South Leics, would like a rural location but with access to local amenities and ideally a good / outstanding primary in the nearest village.
My worries are not being isolated (quite looking forward to that after London) but some of the villages we've looked at seem to have a rather mature population and would like to find somewhere close to other mums and kids for my boys to hang out with / grow up with.

Please help!!!

mrsf1234 Fri 04-Dec-15 16:14:53

Hi we did the london move a few years ago and are north of warwick. Hockley heath/lapworth are quite young places. (But a lot of villages are old i find....if u want mire buzz you woukd need to head into leamington etc, but then you may as well stay in london was our thinking!)

Nahgiem Tue 15-Dec-15 21:46:30

Virgin trains run from Rugby to Birmingham, only stopping at Coventry so pretty fast - maybe focus your search on the villages around Rugby? It's also not too far then from Leicestershire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now