Moving to Warkwick/Leamington

(3 Posts)
lisabecker123 Mon 01-Jun-15 16:52:27

Hi there - I am in need of help please x
We are looking to move into the area as my husband has a new job in Gaydon. We currently live in Norfolk, so miles away. We are going to look at a house in Warwick Gates this week. I have zero local knowledge and want to ask for opinions on the area, is it a nice community, things for children to do, we thought the location looked good as it is inbetween Warkwick and Leamington, but is it? But most importantly is the schools though. I am struggling with the county council on school availability. I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old. I know there are a few options, but what are your views on the local schools?
I would really appreciate anyone's help/thoughts.
Thanks so much
Lisa

SconeToTheDogs Tue 09-Jun-15 21:42:06

Hi Lisa, I live just down the road from Gaydon in a tiny village called Ashorne.

Warwick Gates (and the two new estates - Mallory Grange and another I can't remember sorry) are popular, large and well equipped. There is a new small estate in a nearby village of Barford called Nursery Field (I think) There are several high schools nearby and we also have the grammar system here.

Primary schools vary quite widely - some are small (Moreton Morrell, Hampton Lucy, Loxley, Barford - single form entry or smaller) others are two form entry (Wellesbourne and Bishops Tachbrook). There are a considerable number of private schools as well in Warwick and Stratford.

Being biased towards the rural my children are happily at a small village school. I know that there is substantial pressure on school placed around here - lots of new houses and not so many new school places.

My dc are now 11 and 9 but if I can help any further just drop me a PM.

Pixilicious Wed 10-Jun-15 17:21:06

Hi Lisa, I live on Warwick gates and it's a very nice estate, very quiet and family oriented with quite a bit going on in the community centre. If your husband is working at Gaydon I assume it's JLR, there are loads of JLR people living on Warwick gates, me being one of them!

I'm not to sure about the local schools, my daughter is 3 and goes to Kingsley which is private. Warwick gates is in the catchments for St Joseph's which is Catholic and is outstanding on ofsted but other than that I can't comment, although I have heard good reports of briar hill.

Good luck with the move, happy for you to PM me if you want any more info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now