Mother and Toddler groups in SW17

(3 Posts)
fathima Tue 14-Jul-09 17:32:53

Hi

We've just moved to Tooting - woodbury street. I have an 8 month old son and am looking for any mother and toddler groups or other activities for us to do. Any suggestions would b great. ( don't know many ppl around here so starting to pull my hair out)

Thanks

artifarti Wed 15-Jul-09 08:16:59

Hi Fathima

There's lots going on in SW17 - but unfortunately lots of baby and toddler groups finish this week for the summer break!

The ones I know of, off the top of my head are:

All Saints, Franciscan Rd, Tues and Fri am.

St Boniface, Mitcham Rd, Tues am.

Tooting Junction Baptists, Longley Rd, Wednes am

St Nicholas, Church Lane, Fri am

Franciscan Primary School Mon pm and (I think) Tues and Thurs am. On wednes and thurs am there is also a singing and story session, which is great (on at 10am and 11am both days)

Tooting Leisure Centre do a toddler gym for babies who can crawl - Thurs am and another day I can't remember(Mon?)

You are a bit far but the Faylands Av ICC does good groups and also St Albans Church across the road from there has a good toddler group on Tues am

St Anselms (nr Tooting Bec) Wednes am

St Bruces, Brudenell Rd, Tues and Fri am

There is a great Toy Library on Franciscan Rd, which also does play sessions - Wednes and Thurs am.

Tooting and Balham leisure centres both do baby swimming. And Monkey Music do sessions, if you check out their website. They also do some kind of sing and sign thing at The Long Room on Mitcham Rd (not sure what day)

Hope this helps! (I don't go to all of them by the way!!)

fathima Fri 17-Jul-09 16:58:06

Thanks so much.

You're a lifesaver

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now