Nanny required in Earlsfield

(6 Posts)
katieblirdsnest Fri 29-May-09 14:05:48

we're looking for a nanny to look after a 5 month old full time and do after school and holiday care for a 4 year old. we don't have a confirmed primary school place yet so can't confirm where the pick up will be from yet.

any advice as to where i should look (apart from gumtree) would be appreciated. i'd prefer not to use an agency.

PortAndLemon Fri 29-May-09 14:24:42

Hello katieblirdsnest <contemplates how to reveal RL identity to katieblirdsnest without revealing it to the world before realising that profile should pretty much give it away>

No specific advice on nannies, although you could (probably unethically) think about trying to poach someone from your DD's nursery? If you have a good moan to the staff about how you're looking for a nanny but don't want to go through an agency, etc., etc., you might find that someone who's looking for a change approaches you. About the only staff who ever leave DS's nursery (other than to move abroad or to the other end of the country) go to be nannies.

katieblirdsnest Fri 29-May-09 14:48:41

think i may be able to guess! good idea, i'm approaching people from old nursery but a lot of them got nanny jobs when it went bust so i'm a bit behind for them but no harm in loudly discussing my woes at new nursery.

how are you and the kids?

PortAndLemon Fri 29-May-09 14:56:59

OK -- we took a week off last week and went to York to be rained on there instead of here. And MrLemon is back for a week to ten days next weekend, which will be good. DD has around a dozen words now, even though they aren't generally intelligible to outsiders. And, best of all, I have just discovered a packet of three bourbon biscuits in my bag that came as part of a child's meal last week and I'd forgotten about... <brushes crumbs off keyboard>

sianylou Tue 29-Sep-09 22:10:36

hello im a nanny looking for a job?

LilAl Wed 28-Oct-09 09:17:27

Hello,
We are in Earlsfield and have a nanny who we currently share with another family who are sadly moving away from the area. We are therefore looking for a new family to join us - if you would be interested in discussing let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now