Swimming classes

(8 Posts)
1dilemma Sun 03-Aug-08 23:03:48

Posted in Lambeth too we were swimming in Clapam Leisure centre but it's being run down so can be closed (plan is to open another but who knows with Lambeth, credit crunch etc)
Does anyone know of any good local swimming lessons?
Local = Clapham, Balham, Tooting etc

TheBlonde Mon 04-Aug-08 10:28:43

hello
someone we know used Tooting for lessons and there is also the Latchmere

sarahandruby Mon 04-Aug-08 17:47:51

Latchmere is a great pool for children. My daughter and I have been going once a week since she was 3 months old. Not sure about lessons but I'd say they would do something like that.

1dilemma Tue 05-Aug-08 02:43:24

Thanks
I can't trog all the way to the Latchmere every week (I've never been actually shock despite the wave machine!)
we struggled enough getting to Clapham

TheBlonde Tue 05-Aug-08 07:46:21

some of the private swim schools will do Saturday classes

South West Swimming do them at Emanuel School on Battersea Rise and at Burntwood School in Tooting
020 8767 2723

1dilemma Tue 05-Aug-08 13:23:49

Have been thinking about contacting them went past on the bus yesterday and forgot to look!

Minismama Mon 01-Sep-08 14:42:51

Hi
Not sure if it is too far but we go to the Dolphin School in Mitcham and it is fantastic!
It is small and really warm lovely pool and our daughter loves it. She started when she was six months.
It's a bit of a trip but well worth it.

Pebble40 Thu 11-Sep-08 11:19:53

My son went to a crash course at Tooting Leisure Centre (about 4 mins walk from Tooting Broadway tube). He really enjoyed it and I thought the teacher was firm, fair and very good - Cindy.
Good luck,
Pebble

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now