Help...schools!

(2 Posts)
LB101 Sun 05-Mar-17 04:44:26

Hi, we have lived abroad for the last 10 years and are soon moving back to our house in Clapham. I'm so confused about schools and how to get my kids into a good one. I have a 6 year old and 2 year old. Our house is on Eccles Road which is just outside the catchment area of Honeywell and Belleville. It looks like the nearest school is Shaftsbury Park Primary School. Can anyone give me their opinions on this school? We could afford private schooling at a stretch but have always planned on state schooling. I'm now wondering whether we should look at selling the house and buying in an area with better schools but this seems a bit drastic! Any advice?

Greydove Sun 05-Mar-17 08:23:38

Your 6 year old will be an inyear admission so the catchment area isn't relevant. When are you returning? Will your 6 year old turn 7 before September?

You will need to call the council and ask them which schools have places in the year you are looking for
You can accept what they offer you but also ask to be added to the waiting lists for any that are full eg Honeywell or Belleville

If you are aiming at state secondary and wanted Bolingbroke you need to be at one of the feeder schools (Belleville / Falconbrook / Highview / Honeywell / Wix )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now