Crossrail2 consultation ends on Friday!

(1 Post)
LondonFlower Wed 06-Jan-16 14:35:29

Crossrail2 is the new north-south London rail line which will come from Wimbledon to Clapham Junction and onto Tottenham and be ready by 2030. It will mean lots of disruption during building and then 30 superfast trains per hour.

It will either go through Balham or Tooting Broadway and you can have your say in a quick questionnaire - the deadline is 5pm on Friday.

The on-line Transport for London questionnaire is here: consultations.tfl.gov.uk/crossrail2/october2015/consultation

There is more information here: crossrail2.co.uk

There isn’t a question about Tooting Broadway, please fill in comments about both routes in the Balham question.

I'm a local Councillor and I really welcome Crossrail2 coming to our area, but I am in favour of the Tooting Broadway option. Here are some points I will be making:

1.Tooting Broadway needs the development benefits more than Balham does. This needs to be more of a factor in the decision making than it is now. The benefits to Tooting Broadway may far outweigh the additional costs, and the impact on business in Tooting Broadway and Balham needs to be further analysed and then used in decision making.
2. Balham already has more rail links.
3. Although it will be disruptive in Tooting Broadway, having a building site in the middle of Balham for years will be more detrimental for less benefit.
4. Better access to St George's Hospital is a positive benefit for Tooting Broadway.
5. TfL should keep doing more investigation into the actual building costs of Tooting Broadway before discounting it. They may not be as different from Balham costs as currently estimated.
6. The Balham route means an access shaft on the Bolingbroke Road part of Wandsworth Common which is very, very unpopular locally.
7. The consultation was too limited and did not even have a question about Tooting Broadway which will have reduced responses on this.

Thanks

Cllr Fleur Anderson

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now