3 year old nursery recommendations in Putney

(4 Posts)
bihmak Thu 28-May-15 16:59:51

Hi mums-

Our daughter is currently 2 1/2 and we have a full time nanny. We are interested in getting our daughter into nursery part-time starting in 2016. We are flexible about whether this is mornings only or a few full days per week. We are also flexible about when she starts in 2016. We are open to both state schools as well as private schools, though if we can get a good situation in a state school, this would be preferable to save some money. I am not from the UK and am still trying to figure it out so any advice/ good websites would be much appreciated. A couple of specific questions:

-What are good nursery schools/ nurseries in Putney area?
-How does one apply for a place at the state schools? What are my chances of getting in? How does it work with the religious schools?
-How does it work with the 15 hours free grant for those over 3?
-Am I totally behind in trying to figure this out for next year? If not, are there deadlines I should be aware of? I have been setting up visits at some private ones and it seems like I may not be able to get a place for fall 2016!

Many thanks to all!

shoutymcshoutsmum Sat 01-Aug-15 12:24:04

My kids loved square one nursery on Ravenna Road and so did I.

bihmak Sun 02-Aug-15 14:39:26

Thanks shoutymcshoutsmum. I ended up looking at a lot of schools and selected Square One so my daughter starts there 2 days/ week in September.

Zima123 Tue 04-Aug-15 13:31:47

Very useful advice, many thanks.
(Bihmak, I was wondering the same- my daughter is 3 and I would like her to start nursery part-time from October. I hope your little one loves it there.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now