Can anyone recommend an architect??

(5 Posts)
annabrownlow Mon 20-Oct-14 14:47:40

We've just bought a house and its a complete dive... It needs a complete overhaul and re-planning (it's currently two separate flats, but we want to convert it into a 3 bedroom house). We're also looking to extend so might need planning permission. It's in Clapham. I'm not sure that it matters where the architect is? I've found lots of architect listings online, but don't really know where to start!?

GlammyGrannyHaHa Fri 24-Oct-14 08:39:13

Are you in Clapham, SW4? Or are you near Clapham Junction, SW11? The reason I ask is because SW4 is in the London Borough of Lambeth and SW11 is in the London Borough of Wandsworth.

It's useful, although not essential, to find an architect who is familiar with the Planning Departments in the Borough that you live in.

GreenKay Fri 31-Oct-14 18:40:02

I know it's a bit of a stab-in-the dark, but I've got a good friend who works for a major firm but also does freelance work at reasonable cost. He's very talented and great to work with- message me if you would like his details.

audrey01 Tue 04-Nov-14 20:29:24

We have used David Burgess at Burgess Mean Architects for our house refurbishment in Clapham. Very pleased with him, able to understand our brief and complementing our own ideas on use of glazing with practical use of the space.

We also talked to Tom Pike at Gilles & Pike but we didn't go with them as they wanted full control of the project. But I know many people who have used them and have no hesitation to recommend them.

Reddress123 Tue 25-Nov-14 22:06:25

Hi
I can recommend our architect although the project is not finished. They are based in Wandsworth town and as they are a relatively young (but very professional) team they are really eager to get things done. So far so good.
PM me if you want their contact details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now