Childcare, experience with Looking Glass and Stepping Stones nursery?

(5 Posts)
Noon2 Thu 27-Mar-14 09:05:15

Hello everyone,

I am new here and soon to be a first time mum! This is a very exciting yet daunting time when looking at childcare...

I have visited a few of the nurseries where I live and the ones I can afford are Looking Glass in Tooting and Stepping Stones on Elmfield road. I really liked the former but their Ofsted report was poor so I've now set my heart on Stepping Stones.

Has anyone got experience of either they'd be willing to share to help a clueless first time mum?!

Many thanks xx

TootingNell Thu 27-Mar-14 09:20:27

I have a friend whose child went to Looking Glass on Tooting Bec Road. She gave them lots of chances but horrendous tales - high turnover of staff, child coming home with unexplained injuries (as in no member of staff had seen what happened, nothing sinister just neglectful), lack of leadership. Their Ofsted is bad and new management promised to change things but it remains to be seen.

Noon2 Thu 27-Mar-14 12:53:36

Thank you Tooting Nell, I went to see Looking Glass several times as I wanted them to address questions about their Ofsted report. They seemed to have been having a lot of training recently and apparently are contesting the report as they say it is not true (they would say that).

Anyway Oftsted are expected to return and inspect anytime so I will wait for the next report. I do hope they get it sorted as it is a lovely venue with a lot of space. Fingers crossed.

sw12 Thu 27-Mar-14 21:16:05

A friend of mine's son went to Looking Glass and she was happy with it, until he started in reception and she released he was quite behind the other kids. Not in terms of reading/writing (although there was some of that) more that he was just less independent and well prepared for school.

Is Stepping Stones the nursery at Ravenstone school?

felicite Thu 27-Mar-14 23:46:40

Hi - I'm also not sure about looking glass? Does anyone had any further feedback on this? Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now