Help - 4 yr old DD still screaming at school!

(2 Posts)
bea567 Tue 18-Mar-14 09:31:48

My DD still cries and clings to my leg every day when I drop her at school.

She started reception in September last year so I thought we'd be through this by now. She is young for her year and very small physically so I do see that 'big' school might be scary for her but her teachers swear blind that she is happy as soon as I've gone.

Anyone got any tips for how I can help her?

Thank you

bellamysbride Thu 27-Mar-14 21:33:29

Hi there. We have had exactly the same problem with DS. There had only been a couple of days that he hadn't been peeled off me. He is a big lad and was hysterical every day. A couple of weeks ago I had to ask a friend to pick him up from school, since then he has gone in without a complaint. I really don't know if it is a case of changing the routine a bit or if he has just settled. Lots of people suggested getting somebody else to take him in. Could you do this? Our son's teacher also said he was happy as larry once I had left. I think some children just find that initial seperation really tough. You have my every sympathy, it is rotten.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now