The Roche or Parkgate?

(5 Posts)
ShiftLD Wed 12-Mar-14 15:09:20

What would you choose for you child?? I loved both!! They both have good results, are small are nurturing. Know something about them? Please it would help me a lot!! Tks!!

LocalEditorWandsworth Wed 12-Mar-14 18:36:07

There's a useful thread here on the Roche here (opinion divided) www.mumsnet.com/Talk/primary/1458691-Opinions-on-The-Roche-School-Wandsworth-London. Bit far away for me to have considered it but a good friend went for a look around and didn't like it at all - she then chose Thomas' though so was looking for a very different sort of school.

I have a friend whose kids went to Parkgate who was very happy with it.

Hopefully someone with a child actually in the schools will come along soon!

Oldtimer2013 Sat 15-Mar-14 07:56:38

We are so happy with the school, it's such a happy, nurturing school and we have been seriously impressed with our child's progress academically- because classes are very small, everyone gets lots of individual attention and works to their own level. It's a bit quirky and not to everyone's taste because it is not a 'smart' private school. Parents are very down to earth and I think quite a few parents would have gone down the state route and not the private prep route but did not get into a state school that they were happy with and would now not want to move because they are so pleased with the school. Many others I have spoken to went to the open day and just loved the atmosphere/ feeling of the school. Schooling is a very individual choice, so it's not for everyone, but we are very happy.

ShiftLD Sat 15-Mar-14 15:15:07

Thank you Oldtimer2013!! Are you talking about The Roche, right?
I'm on the group of oarents that went on open day and loved the atmosphere of the school!

Oldtimer2013 Mon 31-Mar-14 21:43:10

Yes, sorry, the Roche!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now