swimming pools in the 'stow

(7 Posts)
nickie2 Wed 09-Jul-08 22:18:02

I love a good swim, and would love to find a nice pool in Walthamstow. I was thinking maybe of a gym with a pool, but I can't find one.

All I can find is the:
Leyton Lagoon (looks a big scary/teenage divebomby)
London Fields lido (bit far away)
York Hall Baths (still a bit far away)

Does anyone know of any others esp a gym? Or any feedback on what the above are like?

crisplover Fri 11-Jul-08 12:23:00

Hi there,

I think your best bet would be Waltham Forest Pool & Track which is on Chingford Road. They have a large pool, as well as a baby one and a diving pool, gym and fitness classes. If you look on their website (via google), you can download the pool timetable. Their changing rooms could do with updating but overall, it's a good place to go.

Happy swimming!

nickie2 Sat 12-Jul-08 22:56:58

excellent, that sounds much better. i'll check it out. thankee! x

toomanyshoes Sat 12-Jul-08 23:15:54

Hello, what about Greens at Chingford? Only 5 or 10 mins in car and pool and gym really nice. I just joined and can't keep out of there! It's also right next door to the local leisure centre which has a nice pool too.

onebatmother Sat 12-Jul-08 23:25:03

I think there's an Olympic-size one at the college on Forest Road, bit of a hidden gem by all accounts. They were threatening to close it recently, outcry as local proper swimmers train there.

I think Leyont Leis Lagoon is sessioned - so you have to get a timetable to make sure you go when there's lane swimming.

nickie2 Mon 14-Jul-08 23:08:47

greens and olympic pool - will check these out.

whenever i've passed the leisure lagoon i've just seen teenage boys divebombing peeps. maybe i just need to avoid the teen boy session

topsmart Mon 04-Aug-08 12:58:26

[Was just about to post the following without realising you wanted a swim sans-baby - the luxury! - but thought i'd post it anyway in case anyone else interested].

The leisure lagoon is sessioned but whenever we've visited we've had to share the baby pool with older kids having lessons - and it was freezing. The main pool is usually teenage-divebomby as you say.
Pool & track much nicer although quite run down. They do a good drop-in baby swim thing on tuesday mornings.
Tottenham one not bad either and you can get a cheap cuppa tea and toast if toddler starving afterwards! (merciful as i was travelling home by bus...)

Anyone know what the pools in Leytonstone are like? Also interested in hampstead lido as I gather it's near the overground from walthamstow queens road.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now