Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Waltham Forest?

(7 Posts)
Kerelene Wed 18-Jun-08 10:05:43

I am registered with the Abbey Dental Practice in St James St but they are rather disinterested and I really want my teeth sorted out before they rot away - at Abbey they said best to wait until after my pregnancy but I'm keen to get any fillings while I'm exempt from paying.

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Walthamstow or elsewhere in WF?

mammya Sat 21-Jun-08 23:39:11

Try Thatched House surgery in Leytonstone. I hated Abbey too!
HTH

Sunnymama Sun 22-Jun-08 13:38:43

I go to a dentist on Forest Road opposite the fire station. Sorry - I can't remember the name of the practice but it's great and they took me on as a new NHS patient without batting an eye. The receptionists are a bit feisty but the dentist I see (Mr Wardle) is lovely.

plethora Mon 23-Jun-08 11:03:19

I think that might be Elm House Dental Surgery, www.londononline.co.uk/profiles/55748/#

onebatmother Tue 24-Jun-08 13:17:21

ooh ooh - the one on Church Hill in Walthamstow. Think it might be called Church Hill surgery. Welcomes the Nervous. takes NHs

He's excellent. I am a very nervous patient and have never been happy with anyone before.

Kerelene Thu 03-Jul-08 00:24:09

Thanks for all the recommendations! I'll try some of them out. smile

nickie2 Wed 09-Jul-08 22:12:15

one other recommend - the dentist straight across from sainsburys. they're very nice in there and take nhs patients.

they probably won't give you fillings during your pregnancy as i think you require an x-ray to get one (which would obviously be a bit dangerous), but don't worry, you have free dental care for a year after you give birth so if you can wait, you'll still get your gnashers sorted without cost!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now