Moving to Highams Park area October with five month old baby

(31 Posts)
Lovescourgettes Sat 01-Sep-12 21:53:37

New to the area and wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share baby friendly activities or groups around Highams Park/ Chingford etc ? Would anyone be interested in meeting for coffee ( possibly cake) and a chat . I have a child starting at Reception too. I would love to hear from any Mums who live nearby particularly those who have any knowledge of local primary schools as I have been thrown in at the deep end .

katese11 Thu 03-Oct-13 22:25:02

Hi everyone

Shhhh....don't tell anyone (not even my parents wink ) but we are looking at houses around Highams Park. I know some people in Walthamstow but no-one in Highams Park itself, so will cruising playgroups with a sign saying "Please like me" if we move there. We have a 4yo and a 1yo.

Any good local tips?

Kate (soon to be se11 no longer...sob!)

Reenie2013 Wed 09-Oct-13 09:33:49

Hi All,

This looks like a good place to mention that I'm the new Local Ambassador for mumsnet in Highams Park.

If you'd like to be kept informed please join the group here: http://local.mumsnet.com/waltham-forest/group-meet-ups/highams-park

I hope to start organising meet ups for coffee and cake at a local cafe as soon as there is enough interest.

katese11 Fri 11-Oct-13 21:47:32

Count us in! As soon as I've dealt with all the paperwork of moving. ...

Reenie2013 Sat 12-Oct-13 12:34:52

Great to hear you're coming to join us Kate!

Let me know when you're settled in and I'll set up a meet up :-) hopefully there'll be other local mums there too.

FileyK Fri 18-Oct-13 23:47:35

Hi there,

I am moving to Highams Park in January with my 2 yo.

Will be nice to meet some of you. Really looking forward to the move, seems like a nice area. Will join the meet ups group.

How is your house hunting going Kate?

Kerri

Luoliveira Sat 22-Nov-14 12:37:24

sammyjo1978, Hi Sammyjo1978, did you get answers to your questions?
Ana will be in reception next year... We are very close to Selwyn... but I am not sure about it ... sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now