Talk

Advanced search

GENEVA MN Meet up *Wine mandatory* *Leek and other Plastic Veg Optional*

(277 Posts)
MmeLindt Fri 05-Feb-10 18:44:25

Shall we arrange another meet up before the school hols or is it too soon for you guys?

Has the Leek recovered, Cariboo?

nicbat Mon 12-Jul-10 07:45:50

Mystic, no I don't think you are being unreasonable and I agree with you but sadly you will find these types of scenarios everywhere! I've witnessed similar goings on many a time in public play areas. It's frustrating as it means you can't relax and are constantly hovering around dc in case they get pushed or shouted at by another child. I have previously intervened by either having to remove ds or telling other child off as parents don't seem to be nearby.

I too had a lovely afternoon and was great to meet you and MdmeLindt! Lets meet again soon..

TheMysticMasseuse Thu 08-Jul-10 19:14:26

not gonna bother with AIBU, but basically

AIBU to think that mothers should discipline their dcs before others are forced to do it for them?

little boy in question was boysterously monopolising climbing frame and shouting at little ones and girls. So far, so 6 yo boy. Mother sat 3 meters away and said nothing. I went over to rescue 2 yo dd and had a firm but polite word with boy. Mother still ignored situation. 10 minutes later, I saw a man marching to the climbing frame and forcibly removing the boy for hitting another boy. Boy was returned to mother, who finally got off her behind and loudly told him that he was being "tres mechant" and sat him on a blanket. Little boy was then ignored while he cried desperately.

I think it's very unfair, and confusing, for a child to be disciplined by a stranger. He was clearly testing boundaries and trying to raise attention and failed miserably. Made me sad.

But apart from that (and PPI- pathetic parking incident) was a lovely afternoon! Thanks for meeting me despite my dodgy allegiances

MmeLindt Thu 08-Jul-10 18:52:03

Was fun today, great meeting you both.

MM
Are you going to start a AIBU about whatever happened at the beach today? Was it the little boy next to us?

TheMysticMasseuse Tue 06-Jul-10 09:18:12

sounds good! sorry to be obsessive about parking, but i only know the one between the campsite and the school. Where is the other one you were mentioning MmeLindt?

(and you should be amazed at my daring, when I arrived in january i would have never dared driving that far )

MmeLindt Tue 06-Jul-10 08:44:22

Was busy but fine for parking yesterday. The water was lovely.

nicbat Mon 05-Jul-10 21:45:43

I think there is a parking area somewhere behind the campsite? Thursday around 3.30 is good for me too.

MmeLindt Mon 05-Jul-10 12:36:59

Off there now, with picnic and pink bubbly. Will let you know what the parking situation is like.

TheMysticMasseuse Mon 05-Jul-10 12:19:23

Ok. Fingers xed!!

MmeLindt Mon 05-Jul-10 12:05:10

You will find a space, but perhaps not right beside the beach. Saying that, coming later in the day you might be lucky that those who have been there all day will leave a few spaces.

TheMysticMasseuse Mon 05-Jul-10 11:58:40

oh really?! parking is always my bigger nightmare. shit.

MmeLindt Mon 05-Jul-10 11:50:15

Thursday is good for me. And probably slightly quieter than Friday as lots of people go down after work.

Shall we meet there about 3.30pm?

I will warn you that parking may be difficult. There is a car park next to the school but it will be difficult to get a space there, or the big on as you come into the village.

We will bike it.

TheMysticMasseuse Mon 05-Jul-10 11:22:01

either thursday or friday afternoon work for me. I pick up dd1 from summer school at 3, so can probably be there by 3.30/3.40.

hermance defo the best beach i've been to so far. have been to geneve plage yesterday but didn't much like it, too crowded and too big with little ones.

Otherwise I usually go to the very un-fancy local swimming pool in Thonex, which however has a nice outdoor space and a little paddling pool for the kiddies. Nicbat, if you feel like joining me I'll prob be there this afternoon and tomorrow! just drop me an email, i think i posted it on the other thread.

nicbat Mon 05-Jul-10 07:22:19

Hermance would be great, been there once before..

MmeLindt Sun 04-Jul-10 09:24:42

I am free Thursday or Friday this week, which would you prefer?

Hermance beach is fab. You might have bumped into me there.

Other-side-of-the-lakers could take the boat over

TheMysticMasseuse Sat 03-Jul-10 19:39:01

I am free in the afternoons next week. Meetup on the beach anyone? Have been to Hermance last week and LOVED it.

juststrudel Thu 01-Jul-10 15:35:31

School's out! Yeah! Ooh some new people.

Can't make next week as off to England. Maybe catch up when we are back but before we move onto pastures anew.

nicbat Thu 01-Jul-10 13:39:22

The park in eaux vives is fine for me too. I can do wednesday next week?

MmeLindt Thu 01-Jul-10 09:23:36

We will all have to bring the DC so why don't we meet in a park? Where is good for you guys? The park in Eaux-Vives is good, where the little paddling pool is. And reasonably easy for parking.

Wednesday/Thurs/Friday next week are free for me.

nicbat Thu 01-Jul-10 07:33:06

Sorry MmeLindt been away for a while! Thanks for trying to organise this! I guess the holdays have now kicked in for most of you..I can meet whenever so if you'd rather postpone that's fine otherwise lunch would be great (but with my 2 1/2 yr old).

ladybugandbutterfly Wed 30-Jun-10 16:37:06

I don't get on here often enough...

I might be able to do lunch if I can bring my youngest (8wks) along?

MmeLindt Mon 21-Jun-10 21:01:11

AHEM!

MmeLindt Wed 16-Jun-10 12:44:12

Bumping to get this back into Active Convos again.

Anyone fancy a last meet up before the dreaded summer hols?

juststrudel Wed 26-May-10 12:39:24

Hello Nifty haven't 'seen' you around for a while everything ok? Can you make tomorrow?

Shall we meet outside Zara at Noon and decide where to go from there?

Niftyblue Wed 26-May-10 11:14:10

Thursday
What time ?

juststrudel Tue 25-May-10 16:37:53

Yes please - that sounds good wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now