St Martin's C of E Junior school

(3 Posts)
sun1234 Wed 22-Jun-11 10:24:59

Can anyone tell me what was the problem is St Martin's junior school when Ofsted did its survey back in 2008? It says a lot of parents were unhappy but it couldn't find out what they were unhappy about. I am thinking of sending DS there and it would be good to know if there are problems with it.

Itsjustafleshwound Wed 22-Jun-11 10:35:01

From the OFSTED report:

Parents' views of the school as expressed in the inspection survey are mixed. The majority are happy with the school and like its positive ethos, but a significant group expressed concerns. Almost a third were unhappy about the way the school sought their views and reacted to their concerns. The inspection found no other evidence to confirm this opinion. This is the first time this view has become evident, because the school's own surveys show satisfaction with this area. Teachers and governors, who are regularly available to listen to parents' views, were also unaware of this issue. Other concerns expressed by minorities, such as those about teaching, leadership and management and taking account of pupils' views, cannot be substantiated by the inspection. In fact, there is considerable inspection evidence that is contrary to these concerns.

I believe that the school has a new, dynamic headmaster (recently taken up the position permanently) and school is good and improving ...

sun1234 Wed 22-Jun-11 10:40:26

Thanks. Was it just a personality clash with the previous head?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now