Would people be interested---daytime babysitter?

(9 Posts)
maddylou Fri 27-Feb-09 10:07:49

Thinking out loud here as I would have been when my children were small.Although family and friends can help out its not always possible so I wondered if a surrogate auntie/granny type person who could come to you and let you go for medical appointments unencumbered or look after a child who was off school when you had to work would be of interest?

RiojaLover75 Sat 28-Feb-09 21:42:56

Yes, depends on cost!

maddylou Sun 01-Mar-09 08:26:40

Thanks for getting back to me.Cost would partly depend on how far you live from me ,how many children etc.Probably under a tenner an hour -what do you think you would be prepared to pay? I do some supply teaching plus some tutoring after school during the week and live in Godalming.Hope you are still interested.

RiojaLover75 Sun 08-Mar-09 20:05:45

Ah, we're 18 miles and over half an hour from you! Nevermind.

Hope you do find interested local people on here.

maddylou Mon 09-Mar-09 08:22:01

Thank you RiojaLover75----anyone else interested?

parachutes Mon 29-Jun-09 20:42:00

i think it's a brilliant idea!

katsh Mon 29-Jun-09 22:36:10

Sorry to hijack but PARACHUTEs I've just read a post of yours on the CFS thread and I am in very similar circs with 7 yr old and recent diagnosis. I wonder is there a way i can contact you with some questions if that is ok with you? Thanks. and maddylou I think it's a great plan !

parachutes Tue 30-Jun-09 17:30:45

Hi katsh, of course you can contact me. I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. Mail me, whenever you want, on mumsnetemail@googlemail.com.

maddylou Mon 02-Nov-09 08:39:33

Just bumping this for parachutes or anyone?
Back in circulation again after family health problems

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now