Starting school in Sept 2009

(6 Posts)
VickyPon Tue 20-May-08 14:28:04

My daughter, Abigail, is due to start school in September 2009. She has been at Busy Bees nursery in Farnborough and I know very few people with children of her age in our local area.

We are looking at sending her to either St. Andrews, Folly Hill or Weybourne. Ideally I would like to meet other families with children of the same age so that I can start building mine and Abigail's circle of friends before she starts school. Is anyone else interested in doing this?

I am based in Willow Way, Hale and also have a son, Alex, who is almost 21 months and will start school in September 2010.

Yours,

Vicky

darcyd Mon 27-Apr-09 13:17:45

Hi Vicky

Don't think I know you. I live in the Avenues. My daughter will start this September but she's going to Weybourne. Also have a 9 month old who'll start in a few years. If you'd like to get together for the girls (and us) to meet let me know. I do know a few people going to Folly Hill.

Sharon

VickyPon Tue 19-May-09 13:43:38

Hi,

That would be great. I work full-time so get very little chance to meet with others in the area. We are not about this weekend but what about the last one at the end of May?

Abigail is going to Folly Hill and I am also struggling to find a childminder for any pickups. Ideally I would need 2-3 days per week. Do you know of anyone that would be interested?

Vicky

darcyd Wed 03-Jun-09 18:51:48

sorry Vicky, only just popped back on here. (will put this on to watch).

I can ask around about childminders. I do know a few but I guess it depends how they're fixed. Folly Hill do do breakfast and after school clubs I believe.

June isn't great now as we're off on holiday next weekend, so how about early July?

I think somewhere like the swings by the church around 3ish is a great time to meet with parents that go to Folly Hill as they congregate there after school. There are a lot of siblings going this year I think so there will be a lot of those there as well.

Let me know how you're fixed and I'll try and keep an eye out for a reply.

Sharon

VickyPon Tue 16-Jun-09 09:22:36

Hi,

Fridays are usually best for me as I can finish work early and meet up with friends. How about the 10th July at Hale Rec?

I have managed to find a childminder for 3 days a week which is great for me as I will be able to pick her up on Mondays and Fridays.

Have a good holiday.

Vicky

darcyd Fri 03-Jul-09 16:33:06

Thought it would send me an email about this. Sorry again. Do you want to email me direct sharon at swain dot net. Friday's aren't any good I'm afraid as both my girls go to nursery on a Friday

How have the induction sessions been? Did you meet other people you knew or not really? We've been to quite a few for Weybourne.

Drop me a line and then I won't miss your message.

Sharon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now