New mum with insomnia

(4 Posts)
2boysnamedR Thu 24-Jan-08 00:39:27

Hi all. Just joined this site today. I have a three month old baby and a four year old. Anyone else out there with new babies? I should be tucked up in bed but I am finding it hard to switch off in the evening even thought I feel exhausted. Sometimes I do try to go to bed early I lay there thinking of how tired I am but can?t sleep. Has anyone else had this? I think I must be lucky as a lot of 3 month olds keep their mums up. Mines fast asleep by 11pm but I am still up at 1am most nights. Any advice?

SIM78 Mon 10-Mar-08 16:44:49

Hi there.
My name is Simone and I have a 2yr old girl and 1yrd old girl welcome to mumsnet.

I used to have a similar sleep problems when my second baby was born so overtired but I could not sleep. I used to put the two little ones to bed and then I would still be wide awake. Probably a stupid question have you tried drinking some Horlicks or warm milk before you go to bed a shower at night used to make me fee l really sleepy.
Or even a glass of red wine if your not breastfeeding.
Sorry you have probably tried all of this.
Good luck

2boysnamedR Tue 11-Mar-08 19:22:20

Hi, thnks for advice, baby is four months now and I think I am choosing to stay up now as its the only time I have to myself. I need to stop though as I go back to work in September and I will need more sleep. Time to break the habit I think. I will buy some horlicks, but the wine idea sounds good as I have stopped BF now..... Thanks again, will let you know if it works!!

raffy555 Wed 16-Jul-08 20:01:33

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear you are having such problems but just wanted to let you know that you can try another natural way. That's what I did when I was pregnant with my first baby and it really helped I wouldn't sleep for nights on end and it would drive me crazy. I couldn't concentrate at work, I couldn't enjoy being with friends and family, I lived on caffeine just to get me through the day. It was survival, not really life...and then I found a new natural way to sleep again. It is truly wonderful - I have my life back again. You can read more here...http://tinyurl.com/6jo57l. Good luck and best wishes, Sarahxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now