Prior Heath or Heather Ridgeback Infant School?

(3 Posts)
Kjosh Sat 25-Mar-17 08:40:22

Hi. I have lived in camberley for 4 years. My daughter starts reception next year, Sept 2018. Because we rent, we are moving to a better catchment area.

When I did school visits I preferred Prior Heath, I think because of their grounds (wooded area, fort), bigger classrooms and library. So we are now booked to move close to the school.

However, now when I look at the website and newsletters, Heather Ridge comes across as more friendly. Their newsletters have pictures and I think they have online updates of the child as well. I also like the idea of living close to shops and park near Heather Ridge. There also seems more going on at the school, like the Olympic athlete visit. I don't know if it is just that Heather ridge is better at PR that Prior Heath. I have also been hearing that Prior Heath is more "strict" and their newsletter seems to mostly be about parking problems!

Would be greateful for any feedback regarding the two schools.
Many Thanks!

Mumtogremlins Fri 14-Jul-17 11:14:36

Prior Heath is a fantastic school - would recommend it in every way. They have lots of events too. Most of the children go on to Ravenscote which is outstanding

KnickerBockerGlooooory Fri 14-Jul-17 11:36:45

I think Prior Heath probably is a little more rule-focussed, but it depends what your child needs. Heatherside does seem to have a great community spirit. My child went through Heather Ridge but 4/5 years ago so it's probably changed a little since then! Again, pupils here will get a place at Ravenscote Jnr school which is outstanding - both of my DC have been through there. Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now