Finding an evening class/sporting activity/wanting to learn something new in Guildford/Godalming Area

(6 Posts)
merrymissy Thu 09-Mar-17 09:13:23

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any upcoming inspiring evening classes in the Godalming/Guildford or surrounding areas??

I want to try something new but am struggling for inspiration! I am interested in theatre/food/wine/fitness/social and community issues?

Have already clocked a wine appreciation course for later in the year that i will certainly be getting involved with, but was hoping to find something a bit more wholesome in the meantime smile

TIA

Fergus007 Thu 23-Mar-17 12:58:11

Have you thought about creative writing? There are courses in Haslemere, Farnham and Guildford with Surrey Adult Learning.

LIZS Thu 23-Mar-17 13:02:48

There are WEA courses in the Guildford area and also activities in Farnham. Try local library for information.

Evalina Thu 23-Mar-17 17:26:58

Quite a few Local Theatre groups around - often keen for new people either to act or to help out backstage etc.

merrymissy Thu 23-Mar-17 20:46:17

thanks ladies - these are all excellent ideas!

Godalminggranny Tue 11-Apr-17 09:39:21

Have you looked on Facebook?
Lots of groups advertise there
Godalming Community Group for example.
Not quite the same but I belong to a group in Godalming that meets in the evening once a month
Wine and chat
Usually a speaker on whole range of topics
Coffee/ tea / more chat
Garden visits , quiz at Christmas
Good way to meet people
Let me know if you'd like more details about upcoming speakers - you don't have to join to start with or can just come to ones you fancy and it's cheap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now