Commute from Walton on Thames?

(5 Posts)
saltyann Sun 10-Jan-16 21:10:06

Hi there

we are looking to relocate out of london and are looking at Walton on Thames and also West Byfleet. However, someone recently told us that the commute from Walton is pretty bad and that we can forget getting a seat on the train. Is this true? would we need to go first class to get a seat?! Be interested to hear any feedback on either of these two areas. many thanks

Lindy2 Sun 10-Jan-16 23:24:56

It's been a few years since I commuted but there were usually some seats available still at Walton. (I got on 2 stops before and there were always plenty).

WLmum Sun 10-Jan-16 23:36:57

Wb commuter here - always seats at wb as the fast train goes from Woking (one stop before) so it's almost empty at wb and then fills up long the way. Quite a lot of people get on at weybridge and Walton so I'd say your chances of a seat are 50/50.

rareflowers Mon 11-Jan-16 20:29:21

Depends what time you go at but I'm also a WB commuter who used to start work at 10 and at that time there were always seats in Walton. However, I now start at 9 and yes, it's prob 50:50 if there are seats left at Walton. Personally I think WB is a nicer place to live! You also need to consider the speed of the trains, WB has two fast and two slow trains per hour generally. I'm not sure but I think all the trains to Walton are slow?

saltyann Tue 12-Jan-16 20:40:06

Thanks for all your feedback, yes train frequency and speed appears to be better from WB, good to know that one can still get a seat too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now