Recommendations for cheaper area to live in Surrey please?

(3 Posts)
tsnfirestorm Tue 29-Dec-15 19:52:14

We currently live in Reigate. Nice area, great schools, but far too expensive. Our house is tiny, which really gets me down. We have a tiny 3 bed house. (3rd bedroom is big enough for a bed & that's it) Were at the stage where we no longer need to be in catchment for good schools & we don't need a garden. I'm not expecting miracles, but somewhere slightly bigger would be nice. In an ideal world we'll find something locally, similar price or a bit more than ours that's been extended already or is minus a garden, but I'm open to other locations. Hubby works in Chessington, so won't consider anywhere further South or East. Any suggestions please? Our current shoebox would sell for about 380k currently.

Upallnight3 Sun 03-Jan-16 00:25:44

Redhill or Horley?

Bekabeech Tue 05-Jan-16 11:29:19

If schools are not a problem, then it could be as simple as moving to the catchment for a less desirable school.
I'm in Guildford and there are nice houses on "the wrong side" of town, which are about 1/2 the price of my area. Some styles of houses can be cheaper too - 1960's townhouses can be surprisingly cheap (relatively).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now