Should we move to Redhill?

(4 Posts)
Mirrymhd Sat 24-Oct-15 21:36:48

Hi, we are moving out of London and considering Redhill because of the train link to London Bridge and access to family in Sussex.
We have a 2 year old so looking to settle somewhere with good schools (state & independent possibly). We would like to be walking distance to train station and a good park and ideally an area with some period properties. Any suggestions or advice? Many thanks.

mollymim Sun 08-Nov-15 09:54:21

I personally don't like Redhill at all, Reigate 5 mins down the road is so much nicer.

Alewis1981 Sat 28-Nov-15 19:49:35

Hi. We are in the same situation. I have a two year old and new born and also considering redhill due to its convenience to London. My family also lives locally and I was brought up there. We are looking to live in the area between redhill and reigate...(estate agents call it 'redgate'). It has some lovely family period properyies at reasonable prices for Surrey. Roads such as Fengates and grovehill are nice. Reigate is lovely, but the commute is considerably longer and the house prices much higher. As a town centre redhill isn't the prettiest by any stretch of the imagination, but know they are looking to smarten it up! Good luck on your search and you never know, we may be neighbours one day!

Mirrymhd Sat 28-Nov-15 21:33:10

Great thanks very much Alewis, I think we will end up choosing the convenient option more than the prettier option but we will see. Yes will let you know if we end up moving there x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now