Where to buy a wedding dress in Surrey?

(5 Posts)
FoxtrotSkarloey Fri 25-Sep-15 10:58:12

Hi everyone, I hope you can help... I've just moved to Surrey and am getting married next April (yep, not actually that far off!). I have no idea, apart from google, how to pick bridal shops to look at and as my Mum & bridesmaid live 100+ miles away, am keen to avoid wasted journeys. I'm trying to keep an open mind until I've tried any on, but I think I'll want something fairly traditional and not fishtail style (I'm size 16 and my bum doesn't need to be made to look any bigger!). I'm not after any specific designer labels.

If anyone has any advice on guidance on shops which would offer a good selection for my size & shape, plus with my limited lead time, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

feee39 Wed 07-Oct-15 15:37:39

Hi! I got married this September and found a fabulous wedding dress shop called From This Moment located in Ewell Village, Epsom. The ladies there a great, they helped me choose a beautiful dress and they're definitely not full of flannel trying to get you to purchase the most expensive. They give honest opinions on what suits you and your figure. I would highly recommend them. Fi xx

I went to loads, none had what I wanted ('mature' bride second marriage wanted something knee length) but I found a fantastic dressmaker who made me exactly what I realised I wanted after I'd tried about a billion dresses on!

FoxtrotSkarloey Wed 07-Oct-15 17:44:30

Thank you both!

DebbyWho Thu 22-Oct-15 08:51:28

Hello everyone. I married this April and I found my dream dress at this shop www.weddingfrox.co.uk/. My size is 16 too and I understand your drama. In the end I found my wedding dress and married to my high school love. I hope you'll find your dress and have a wonderful wedding.

P.S My wedding was in my back yard, so it was a big mess after it. If you are planing home wedding or home bridesmaid's party you need to think about www.yourdomesticcleaners.co.uk/. They've done a great job, and give me time to relax after the hard wedding day. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now