Moving to Farncombe on Friday!!

(13 Posts)
JHH15 Mon 13-Jul-15 17:13:06

I am beside myself with excitement!!! DH, 7 week old DS and I are moving to Farncombe on Friday and I just wanted to join this board and say hi!

Love Godalming and Farncombe seems nice enough, and only 10 mins to Guildford!

Looking for recommendations of baby clubs etc. I have found Mummas&Beans and the NCT stuff already. I know no-one in the area so would like to get out and about and change that smile

Is there a gym with a creche in Godalming? We are near the leisure centre but I'm not sure it has a creche? Nearest one I've found is in Guildford.

So excited to be leaving London finally. Everyone seems v friendly so far, the GP has even booked DS in for his 6-8week check and immunisations even though we're not registered yet smile

Missrabbitworkstoohard Wed 15-Jul-15 17:05:47

Welcome to Godalming smile
Charterhouse gym has a creche and is therefore very popular with local mums. It is just over the hill out of Farncombe so not far at all.
If you check out facebook, have a look for Godalming Mummas fb group which is full of friendly mummies.
The childrens centres run groups too, although a lot of them break for the summer. But have a look at Loseley Fields and The Wharf websites too.
Im sure you already know about music in the park every sunday at the Bandstand in Godalming.
Have fun exploring smile

JHH15 Wed 15-Jul-15 18:37:43

Thank you smile

Charterhouse does look fab but a bit pricey!!
We are down the road from Losely Fields so that will be handy smile
I didn't know about the music in the park! Fab smile

Godalminggranny Wed 15-Jul-15 22:36:01

Godalming library is being refurbished and reopens at the end of the month.They should have lots of local information.
Welcome

HNotfromSteps Thu 16-Jul-15 14:09:20

Good luck with your move! If you're in Farncombe then you might be interested in the Baby Sensory classes which run on a Tuesday morning at Compton Village Hall, just up the road from you.

Charterhouse is the only gym in Godalming with a crèche as far as I know. Unfortunately, Godalming Leisure Centre doesn't have one, but Cranleigh Leisure Centre (about 20mins drive) has a crèche and is very good for baby swimming and (when your little one is a bit bigger) soft play!

JHH15 Thu 16-Jul-15 21:39:52

Ooh fab thanks both. Have looked again at Charterhkuse gym and it doesn't look too expensive actually. Will check it out!

Missrabbitworkstoohard Fri 17-Jul-15 11:11:55

I had a thought earlier too that the other gym option is Fitness First in Godalming high st, and using Bell House nursery (from 3 months old I think?) Bell house do ad hoc child care I believe.

PerfectlyPosed Tue 21-Jul-15 18:39:54

Loseley Fields Children's Centre do a baby group on a Thursday afternoon from 1.30 which is great for meeting other mums and sharing advice. They also do a drop in health visitor clinic where you can get baby weighed at the same time on a Wednesday.

I don't know about gyms with crèche, I'm afraid.

I hope the move went well.

JHH15 Sun 26-Jul-15 13:43:24

Hi Perfectly, sorry just saw your post!

V helpful, think we'll pop in to Loseley Fields this week sometime to get info on local groups if nothing else.

Loving life here so far, it's soooook quiet compared to our old place!!

Missrabbitworkstoohard Tue 28-Jul-15 22:21:28

NCT have a new mums coffee morning at Cafe Mila (lush place!) next week. Might be a nice place to meet some local mummies smile www.facebook.com/events/1673631399526941/

Godalminggranny Wed 29-Jul-15 08:52:01

Stay cation next week in Godalming

JHH15 Wed 29-Jul-15 11:09:11

Ooh fab I will go to that coffee morning, thanks MissRabbit!
Staycation - seems really cool, loads going on, I have booked into a discount hot yoga session!!

Seems most of the baby groups have finished for the summer :-/ have been busy taking DS to various clinics as he had a tongue tie cut, so we've seen lots of baby clinics, the Royal Surrey, and feeding groups so far! Also explored Sainsburys, Homebase, Co-op and an Indian takeaway haha! How thrilling.

PerfectlyPosed Mon 17-Aug-15 22:51:09

Sorry just seen your post. The baby group at Loseley Fields is on despite the holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now