Ever struggle with the challenges of parenting? Cognitive Therapist, Giselle Monbiot is here to offer some suggestions to help

(3 Posts)
MNKingstonSurrey Tue 02-Jun-15 20:17:01

Cognitive Therapist, Giselle Monbiot is going to run a short series of threads providing free ideas and suggestions for parents to help you cope with the challenges of parenting wine

It is not about behaviour advice for the DC, or advice on parenting, but it is about coping with the stress and the ups and downs of life as a parent.

One of the suggestions Giselle has is:

1. The 3 Gifts - taking just a minute of your day

"This is an exercise that everyone can benefit from. You can do it on your own, with your partner, or your child/ren if old enough. It is recommended for anybody experiencing low mood, either in the form of anxiety or depression like symptoms."

"Before going to sleep, write down the 3 main events that were like a gift to you. Some examples could be the sun shining down on your face; your child's smile; something someone said to you. Anything really. Now the important part of this is that it has to be THREE things. So no matter how bad or brilliant your day has been, 3 things have to be written down. Some days will be easier than others."

"We can often walk around missing most of what is going on around us, lost in our thoughts. If those thoughts are leading to unhappy emotions, you will find you only notice the bad things around you. So committing to this daily, means you will naturally start looking for the good things that are around you. And you will find them."

If you would like to get in touch with Giselle her website is goo.gl/4IxANM

She'd love to hear how this goes, especially if you feel hmm and to share tips about what works for you on the thread.

Don't be blush to join in, we look forward to seeing your comments below. <zen face>

MNKingstonSurrey Wed 17-Jun-15 10:08:53

Keen to hear if anybody is trying this and how they are finding it.

Please share your thoughts below brew

jetSTAR Fri 26-Jun-15 23:21:53

I used to do this. I should do this again smile It does work I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now