Where to move in Surrey ? HELP !

(3 Posts)
misskittin1978 Tue 18-Nov-14 10:00:27

Hiya girls I hope you can help me.

We're moving from Wales to Surrey.
Husband has a job in Weybridge. I work from home. 10 months old baby. Planning to be in Surrey for the next 5 years then see where life takes us.

What are towns we should be looking at ?
I already discarded everything too close to Heathrow because of aircraft noise. Can you really hear the planes from places like Staines Ashford Egham ??

Would love a town that feels safe for the little one.

Budget 400-425k for a 4 bed realistic for somewhere nice to live ?

thanks so much for your help !!

Bekabeech Tue 18-Nov-14 21:56:48

Yes to hearing the planes! How is DH getting to work? Train - would advise if feasible, as the roads can be a nightmare.
Your budget isn't much but I found:
this in Guildford
this in Woking
or this

flowermummy2010 Thu 20-Nov-14 10:53:22

Around Knaphill & Bisley on the outskirts of Woking heading towards the M3 rather than the M25 will give you a lot more for your money. TBH with that sort of budget you have a slim chance of finding a 4 bed gem more likely to be a 4 bed ex council property or one on a busy road. Do you really need 4 beds with only one baby?

You'll have a lot more choice in that price range with 3 beds and many will have own garage and/or drive like
this or
this2 or
this3

There are not that many period houses in these areas and the ones that are are generally not in that price range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now