Help - advice needed on loving to Surrey

(2 Posts)
baronflick85 Mon 17-Mar-14 10:56:14

We are moving to Surrey and hoping it will be around June time. We just need to decide whereabouts. I want to be about a 20 minute drive away from Gordons School in West End, Woking. We want to be walking distance from a town centre for the older ones and walking distance from the schools for my DH who doesn't have a car. We need good primary and secondary, a 4/5 bed house and have a maximum budget of �2150 pcm ( and that would be tight). We have found a lovely house in Camberley very near the town centre and the schools nearby are all rated good or outstanding by ofsted. The trouble is we have heard really mixed reviews of Camberly. Any thoughts? We had a good look at Woking but actually thought we preferred Camberley but then we really know so little about both areas. I really like Guildford but it seems very pricey - would it be woth paying probably �350 pcm more a month to live in Guildford. Also the school we saw in the catchment area of the house we like was rated as needing improvement which worried me a bit. Any advice would be greatly recieved we have never moved before and I am a bit terrified!

StinkyElfCheese Sat 22-Mar-14 17:15:01

Try New Haw / byfleet / west byfleet easy drive into working good schools primary through to secondary.
rent starts from around 1500 for a 4 bed although the higher the rent the nicer the place smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now