Staying near Hindhead in Dec - Idea's on Kid-Friendly Places and Things to Do, Please

(8 Posts)
JustCallMeMrsTeabag Wed 12-Oct-11 14:46:33

Hi there,

I and the DC's (aged 4.8 and 3.3) are staying near Hindhead for a week in early Dec.

I'll be on my own with the kids and I don't know the area, so I'd really appreciate any recommendations on 'kid-friendly' places to go and things to do within the Haslemere/Hindhead/Godalming area, possibly as far as Guildford too.

Also, any suitable local walks or good play-parks, plus relaxed cafes/places to eat that don't mind kids.

Many thanks!

mypersonalfavourite Fri 14-Oct-11 22:29:01

All of I know in that area is Alice Holt. It's fab though!

smallwhitecat Fri 14-Oct-11 22:34:32

Message withdrawn

Notnigella33 Sat 15-Oct-11 07:55:09

Swimming and softplay in Haslemere too.
Birdworld (not far from Alice Holt)

JustCallMeMrsTeabag Sat 15-Oct-11 15:09:37

Thanks so much! Lots of great info to get me started on, and I can start to plan the week's activities out a bit more now.

mummytime Tue 18-Oct-11 19:51:03

If you feel like going further afield Watercress line or Portsmouth Dockyard, are great with kids (and with the new tunnel Portsmouth is less than 1 hour away).
Most cafes etc. are very child friendly in this area (Jamies in Guildford even does a one kid eats free with an adult deal at present).

JustCallMeMrsTeabag Wed 19-Oct-11 11:13:15

Thanks, Mummytime - I noticed the Watercress Line run a the Santa Express during Dec so have booked up to take the kids on that. My DS is train-mad so he will love this!

RachelHRD Mon 24-Oct-11 20:35:02

Applegarth in Grayshott is nice with lovely food, childrens outdoor play area and animals. Good playzone at The Herons Leisure Centre in Haslemere and swimming. Some nice cafes in Haslemere too Hemingways

Farnham has a couple of soft play places archies launchpad and stay and play and is a lovely town. Guildford great too with soft play at the Spectrum plus swimming, bowling, ice skating. Nice walks around the Devils punchbowl at Hindhead and Alice Holt is great with a good outdoor play area.

You'll love the Watercress line - we did the Santa Express when DS was little and he loved it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now