nursery schools

(7 Posts)
mumtoone78 Sun 02-Oct-11 19:33:25

hie all. we're hoping to move to godalming in Dec and would really appreciate some local advice from mums. i have a 3 year old son and would love for him to start in a nursery attachec to a school but it seems like both Moss Lane and Milford start at Reception level..the other one near to our home is Green Oak, pls could you give me some local lowdown on this school. anything good or bad would be really helpful ! thanks so much in advance !

maybeyoushoulddrive Tue 04-Oct-11 16:47:42

I just spotted this and didn't like to leave you unanswered!

Green Oak isn't really rated round Godalming although I think it's had quite a lot invested in it so the facilities are wonderful.

Milford doesn't have a nursery attached although a fair proportion of children go to The Orchard which is a couple of hundred yards away. Very friendly school with loads of space. Not sure about Moss Lane but I know lots of people really love it.

Am trying to think of Godalming area schools with nurseries attached and am struggling...

HTH

Notnigella33 Tue 04-Oct-11 18:03:50

Farncombe Infant School has a nursery attached, but I think they have quite a long waiting list. Might be worth contacting them to find out more. The nursery at Loseley Fields Primary (it's a Children;s Centre located on the other side of the road from the school) also has a very good repuatation for the nursery- but less so the school. But that is probably the wrong side og Godalming for you.
Not attached to a school but Little Lanes Montessorri in Farncombe is fairly new and I have heard has spaces - I know 2 people who are very happy with their children there.

mumtoone78 Wed 05-Oct-11 11:28:32

Thanks so much ladies ! One can always count on mums everywhere smile
I'll go have a look at The Orchard as thats relatively near to where we'll be...i really liked the look of Little Lanes but as I dont drive yet I was looking for places nearer to the house. Thanks again smile

Bels1 Wed 12-Oct-11 15:25:06

Another one to consider is Goslings in Borough Hall, a lot go on to Moss Lane from there and it has a very good reputation, mine are down to go there.
Both Moss Lane & Milford have great reputations. Green Oak has had a lot of money invested since it changed names and an ex Moss Lane head but everyone I know is still avoiding it due to reputation.

mumtoone78 Thu 13-Oct-11 15:31:13

thanks for your reply smile i checked Goslings but they're full for my son's age group...it looks lovely and excellent ofsted rating too ! oh well...

Iwasagnome Fri 14-Oct-11 10:28:36

Goslings is great

Blue Willow near Busbridge Infant and Junior always has a high reputation.

Hambledon likewise but its a bit of a drive down country lanes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now