Bestplotter and toddler groups in Godalming for under-1s

(5 Posts)
Hgirl1974 Wed 07-Sep-11 13:16:45

Hi - I'm looking to start taking my little boy to a mother and toddler group in or around Godalming, ideally on a Wednesday. He's only 6 months old and so I wondered whether anyone could suggest any groups that are particularly well-suited for little babies?

Hgirl1974 Wed 07-Sep-11 15:19:55

Sorry, just realised that the heading for this thread should read "best mother and baby groups..." The auto-spelling corrector on my IPad is so irritating!

Notnigella33 Wed 07-Sep-11 18:38:01

I loved the title best plotter!!

Most of the toddler groups I have been to are happy to accomodate babies. The two Wed am ones I have been to in Godalming are Octots in St Peter and St Paul's church room which is I think from 10-12. It gets quite busy, but there is usually a baby area there. I took my little boy from when he was sitting up.
There is also a Wed am one in the United Church on Bridge Street, just by the fire station. I went quite a while ago, but they have a separate baby area which is fenced off by chairs from the bigger children! They run in a kind of co-operative way - they ask all mums to volunteer to help out with something a few times over a term.
There is also a Thurs am one in St John's church in Farncombe which is lovely and very friendly. And Loseley Fields Childrens Centre do a bumps and babes every wednesday afternoon which is for babies to walking.
Hope that helps! x

Hgirl1974 Thu 08-Sep-11 10:06:17

Thanks, that's really helpful. Just wanted reassurance that the little guy won't be squashed by over-enthusiastic toddlers whilst playing! Do you know whether you can just turn up to these groups or whether you need to book a place?

Notnigella33 Thu 08-Sep-11 12:21:34

All ones you can just turn up to smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now