Schools in Horley

(4 Posts)
pinkfruity Tue 19-Jul-11 14:49:24

We are thinking of moving from Sutton to Horley next year. My eldest will be starting secondary school in a few years. We are looking at the Langshott area so am hoping for Langshott Infants for our youngest and Horley Juniors for the oldest. I'm a bit concerned that the nearest secondary school (Oakwood) is in special measures. Does anyone know if Horley is too far away to stand a chance of getting in to Reigate School? Or if there are any other secondary schools near Horley? I think lack of a good secondary school may put me off moving. Thanks

LIZS Tue 19-Jul-11 18:10:18

Lots of kids take the bus to Reigate and Redhill instead, which are the nearest secondaries. If you are religious he may even get a place at St Bede's. tbh I'd say Oakwood was preferable to Warwick. There is talk of building new primary school/s on the Langshott estate to cater for the expansion.

pinkfruity Tue 19-Jul-11 18:14:31

There is going to be a new primary in 4-5 years. Bit late for us though!! Thanks for the reply.

SparklePrincess Mon 26-Sep-11 22:23:39

From my research you would have no chance of getting into Reigate school from Horley, Warwick in Redhill would be ok as its not so highly regarded, but not Reigate which has a waiting list as long as your arm that my dd will be joining v soon. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now