It is actually the kiss of death to start a meet-up thread for us lot, isn't it?

(8 Posts)
LittleOtik Mon 05-Oct-09 13:59:59

So I'm not going to.

However we've just moved to the Shotley Peninsula and I'm starting to find my way around - I would love to hear some ideas for places to take the kids to keep them entertained (DDs aged 3 and 9 months) especially when it's tipping down with rain, like today.

Oh, and if anyone fancies meeting up for a coffee... etc

LittleOtik Mon 05-Oct-09 19:00:05

[distant sound of tumbleweed sweeping over the lonely Orwell mud]

LittleOtik Wed 07-Oct-09 10:29:40

Another attempt to bump this. I'd like to pretend it's my last attempt but I expect I'll do the same again in about, oh, 10 minutes.

shoptilidrop Sat 10-Oct-09 17:48:49

lol - seen your other thread, have replied... ill meet up with you ;)

allaboutme Sat 10-Oct-09 18:41:23

hello, i replied on your other thread too smile

MrsBiscuit Mon 12-Oct-09 07:54:05

Hello, we've been up in Suffolk for just over a year now so I can give you some pointers on where to go, though we're about 25-30 mins from Ipswich (in a village near Stowmarket). But have car, will travel grin.

I'm not working at the moment so fairly free to meet up for coffee.....

LittleOtik Tue 13-Oct-09 11:31:58

Hello MrsB. I'd love some pointers on where to go! And to meet up if you fancy it. I started another thread too, under meet-ups, which has had a couple of replies.

Have you made new friends in the year you've been here?

MrsBiscuit Tue 13-Oct-09 18:02:47

I'll reply on the other thread about meeting up....

As for friends, we made a lucky choice in the village we moved to - it's got a thriving toddler group, linked to the local primary school and I made friends with some of the mums there. From tentative meetups initially, they've evolved into quite good friendships.

I've had to be more outgoing than I am naturally, and make more of an effort to arrange outings etc, but I suppose that's natural when you move somewhere new.

Are there any local playgroups where you are?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now