Best of: Summer hols in Suffolk

(9 Posts)
QuizteamBleakley Wed 12-Jul-17 22:53:57

Share your secret Suffolk school summer holiday day out go-to. I love having the tourists here looking at our beautiful part of the world, while increasing the tourist spend but I do love to spend time where there aren't thousands of people. Mine is the maize maze, at Reydon. Fab day out. Any others?

ScaryMonstersAndSuoerCreeps Thu 13-Jul-17 21:38:29

Suffolk Punch Trust at Holesley. Lovely day out and my sister operates the café!!

Ookmybanana Fri 14-Jul-17 00:26:27

Crabbing at Walberswick. Happy days.

imacmum Fri 14-Jul-17 11:41:37

Jimmys Farm, just outside Ipswich (Jimmy Doughty off the tv), wildlife and farm park, nice restaurant, farm shop, walks, animals, also Theatre in the Forest during July/August. Jimmys Sausage Festival takes place annually during July

www.jimmysfarm.com

Summergarden Fri 14-Jul-17 20:20:48

Rendlesham Forest. Lovely shade on a hot day and fab outdoor adventure play equipment.

QueenofLouisiana Mon 17-Jul-17 19:53:14

Agar Fen- great for den building, picnics and wildlife. Assington has a good pub and farm shop too.

ChampagneCommunist Mon 17-Jul-17 20:03:09

The new pier at Felixstowe will be open soon

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Mon 17-Jul-17 20:06:35

Southwold. Pit Stop Cafe at the tennis courts has sandwiches, cake & coffee and loads of toys and bikes for the little ones. The beach, obviously. The Pier. The amusements, for a bit of retro entertainment. The lovely shops. Can't go wrong.

Easton Farm Park. Loads of animals to see, great playground and indoor cafe and soft play for when the weather is rubbish.

Framlingham Castle. Ed's 'castle on the hill'. They often have reenactment days and dressing up and sword fighting. The town is nice too.

Further up there's Lowestoft sea front which is quite nice. And just inland is Pleasurewood Hills theme park which isn't too bad.

Beccles for boat hire, which will take you along the broads and just up into Norfolk.

I'll think of some more in a minute but it's been a long day!

cheapskatemum Mon 17-Jul-17 23:43:31

Thorpeness: you can always get parked and space on the beach, nice cafe & pub, boating, house in the clouds. I was amazed when I went to Aldeburgh with DS3 & his GF 2 weeks ago, he said he'd never been there before! We'd always gone to Thorpeness instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now