Melton - what's it like please??

(5 Posts)
Sparky17 Sun 06-Sep-15 21:37:16

Helloooo Suffolk I am looking to move to Suffolk, near to Woodbridge. Woodbridge, and Grundisburgh are great as they are community oriented, pretty, have everything you need or you can get to things easily. However, houses are expensive! Can anyone advise what Melton is like? Or any other villages. I need to be in Farlingaye catchment.....thanks so much!

LE Suffolk Wed 16-Sep-15 10:55:44

Hi there Sparky17 I'm Angela the local editor of this site and a real fan of Melton. It's lovely and you can get a little bit more for your money there. It's a bit of a walk to Farlingaye from there but a short distance in a car or perhaps your child (ren) could take a bus up Woods Lane. Good luck with all and keep us posted smile

gardeningsarah Wed 16-Sep-15 17:01:48

Are you planning on renting or buying? It has a couple of shops plus an excellent but expensive butchers next to melton railway station. How old are your children? if they are already year 7 and above they may struggle to get into the school. If you can't drive there are regular buses into woodbridge and Ipswich. Some of the villages further away from woodbridge, such as Sutton, Hollesley, Bawdsey, Alderton or Rendlesham may have cheaper properties then Woodbridge but you are further out and if you can't drive this may cause a problem because of a lack of public transport. All of these areas are in Farlingaye catchment and would be able to get the school bus.

popster100 Sun 25-Oct-15 03:19:20

Hi there, I am reading your post with interest as we are looking to move to the area around Woodbridge.We have been looking at Framlingham-any thoughts???It seems beautiful my main worry is if there will be lots of families in the area ? I have three boys aged 8, 5 and almost 2 sol I m looking at th schools in particular-Thomas Mills looks excellent and it seems like there is a good primary in Framlinghma itself as well as a great school in Bedfield.Anyone who can give me any local insight it would be much appreciated.

Jane (:

gardeningsarah Wed 28-Oct-15 17:19:22

Framlingham is a lovely market town. The schools in Framlingham are good, Ed Sheeran went to Thomas Mills!

I don't know much about what there is for boys to do but I am sure there is a beavers/cubs/ scouts. Woodbridge I know has plenty available for children, again there is beavers/cubs/scouts. There is also a swimming pool, tennis courts, football & rugby clubs, depends what the boys are into. If you need more info on the area, please free to ask

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now