Sudbury?

(2 Posts)
cnjones4848 Tue 02-Jun-15 11:57:53

Hi mums we are looking to move to Sudbury and would love to know your thoughts on it in terms of a nice place to live, primary schools and activities for toddlers. We are moving back from Australia and my partner will be working in Colchester, we don't have a clue about the area!
Thank you in advance.
Catherine

QueenofLouisiana Sat 13-Jun-15 22:57:22

There are things to do with toddlers- from swimming to music to soft play. Many nurseries are rated as outstanding. There are several play parks in the town- many housing areas have small play areas too.

The schools in the town are improving but (as with much of Suffolk) they have had a long battle to get there (the Local Authority has been hammered for managing/ supporting/ challenging schools).

Many small villages nearby, some with better schools, but you'll need a car to live in most of them. Some local transport. They have their own village societies- ours has about 6, plus cubs.

You can be in Central London in an hour and a half by train if you get the times right!

I've lived in a village about 2 miles from Sudbury for 13 years. DS was born in the area and is educated in a Sudbury school. Let me know if you have specific questions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now