Thinking of moving to Ipswich this summer

(6 Posts)
catira Sun 22-Feb-15 12:09:14

Hi all - your advice please.

We are considering a move to Ipswich from London this year. Husband works in London, kids are 5 and 2. We therefore need:
- decent primaries and pre-schools
- ease of getting to the station (walking/bus/connecting services)
- ideally walking distance to town centre

We want to get involved in social and sporting clubs and I would love to know more about the leisure opportunities. Also, how multicultural is Ipswich? I would love my kids to grow up in an area with mixed ethnicity. As for me, I freelance and would love to meet professional Ipswich mums.

Please advise on Ipswich only, as opposed to outlying villages.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Pukkacat82 Tue 17-Mar-15 19:28:04

Hi,
I've lived in Ipswich for nearly 8 years and I have two boys aged 6 & 3. We find that Ipswich is highly multi cultural and hosts a good mix of people.
The waterfront is vibrant and hosts lots of events through the year to please most people.

Housing wise, The Rivers area or Ravenswood are very family orientated being in postcode IP3 are close to the station and have local bus services that run directly to the station. Similarly there are properties closer to the waterfront that are near to the station. Clubs and sports wise, it depends on what you're looking for, I may be able to advise further if you're able to tell me roughly what you're after.
Happy to discuss further with you.

Sarahnicola Tue 17-Mar-15 19:41:14

We moved to Ipswich from London several years ago. Similar situation. We live a short walk away from the train station. Have good schools and pre schools nearby and are able to walk into town easily. There are tons of brilliant activities to do with the kids here.
Feel free to message me if you have more specific questions :-)

thevicky Tue 14-Apr-15 20:10:57

Hope you don't mind my joining in on this thread, but we're just starting the process of moving to the area from London - hopefully this summer. We're looking at Woodbridge.

I have two boys aged 4 and 1 month, and so am looking at schools as well as baby groups. We'll be renting at first and so are looking at places near good schools in the area.

I've found this website really useful - www.locrating.com

Vicky

catira Thu 15-Oct-15 20:27:08

A belated thanks to you all for responding. We're here now and loving it!

popster100 Thu 29-Oct-15 06:10:49

Hi there!just saw this post-we are looking to move to the Woodbridge area this year-I have three boys 7, 5 and almost two.we were looking at Framlingham or Easton-any thoughts????I too am worried about not being able to easily link up with other families!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now