Friends wanted

(14 Posts)
Kazza86 Sat 02-Nov-13 13:32:49

Looking to make some mummy friends and little friends for my 2 boys... 2 and 5 months. In the Bury St Edmunds area smile

LESuffolk Wed 13-Nov-13 15:52:34

Hello Kazza

I am the new Local Editor for Suffolk and will be responsible alongside the Local Ambassadors for arranging local meet ups. I will need a few days to get up to speed (first day) but hopefully we can see about putting you in touch with some other local parents. I am from the Bury St Edmunds area myself.

Have you been to any local toddler groups? What kind of things do you like to do?

The local sites are in the process of being redeveloped and promoted so hopefully Local Suffolk talk will soon have less tumbleweed blowing across it.

POTC Mon 09-Dec-13 00:45:26

Hi Kazza, I'm just outside Bury and can thoroughly recommend the children's centres as a great way to meet people

LESuffolk Wed 11-Dec-13 13:35:38

Hi POTC -

Would you be able to list the childrens centre you use in our free online directory? Have been busy listing and it'd be great to have some listings from local recommendations.

Thanks and check us out / like on FB.

POTC Sun 15-Dec-13 21:28:18

I don't actually use any of them now as mine are older, but I am a Community Parent Volunteer so have helped at a few. I've already liked you on fb and follow you on twitter (we have chatted a bit but you wouldn't know that as my mn name has no similarities to my rl name!)
Am struggling to get to the local pages on MN as it defaults to Ipswich for me which is useless. Can you give me a link on here to where you want me to post the reviews?

LESuffolk Sun 15-Dec-13 22:57:35

Thanks for replying. Here would be the best place to post them.

Thanks for supporting the local site-I really appreciate it flowers. I'll ask HQ why you are having problems w/ setting Suffolk as your default.

You can always email me on suffolk@mumsnetlocal.com to get my attention as swiftly as possible.

POTC Sun 15-Dec-13 23:01:25

I think the problem is just I have no idea how to change it blush and it used to be that Ipswich was the only local one that existed so it defaulted to that. If you can tell me where to look to change it then I can probably work it out from there. I found you via unanswered messages in the end hmm
I assume it is you running the twitter feed too?

LESuffolk Mon 16-Dec-13 12:52:21

Yes I am twittering away! I'll email HQ for you and ask as not a tech head myself blush

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Dec-13 14:16:25

POTC

I think the problem is just I have no idea how to change it blush and it used to be that Ipswich was the only local one that existed so it defaulted to that. If you can tell me where to look to change it then I can probably work it out from there. I found you via unanswered messages in the end hmm
I assume it is you running the twitter feed too?

Hi POTC,
To change your 'Home' site, just go to the top of any page in Local. You'll see a 'My Sites' button. Hover over it and click on 'Edit My Sites'. Click on 'Change Home Site'. It should be self-explanatory from there on in.

LESuffolk Mon 16-Dec-13 15:50:46

Thanks Emma. Will remember that for future problems.

POTC Sat 28-Dec-13 16:28:45

Nope, no "my sites" that I can see. Is that because I'm using a tablet? I don't have access except for mobile so need to be able to change it from there.

Mignonette Sat 28-Dec-13 20:25:55

It might be because you are using a tablet. I'll report your post POTC to see if they can help.

Stephsul92 Thu 22-May-14 12:58:11

Hello there I'm 21 with a 2 1/2 year old daughter and we live in debenham. I'm trying to find some friends for myself and my daughter smile

redhead123 Tue 23-Dec-14 14:46:25

Hi any mums with older children that don't work or only part time in bury st edmunds area ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now