Welcome Tameside Mums!

(48 Posts)
GooniesNeverSayDie Sat 16-May-09 19:15:32

Hello and Welcome to the Hyde Local Site.

Due to techie issues we've settled on Hyde as the hub for this site. I hope, however, we can cover the whole of the Tameside area. So that's Hyde, Ashton-U-Lyne, Audenshaw, Denton, Droylsden, Dukinfield, Longdendale (including Broadbottom, Mottram and Hollingworth), Mossley and Stalybridge. Think I got that right.

So, whether you're new to the area, like me, or Tameside born and bred. This is a great place to get to know like minded folks, share great local places to visit, ways to keep the kids entertained, your fav' baby class or just have a good old moan.

Enjoy
GooniesNeverSayDie smile

happy362 Tue 01-Jul-14 13:42:18

im from mossley. looking forward to meeting new people in my area

AwkwardAnnie Tue 25-Jun-13 22:06:34

Hello christianmum77, Welcome to Tameside. It's a lovely bit of the world, I love having the countryside on my doorstep. Hope you get schools sorted soon. I suspect the primary school opposite me is one of the few in the area that has places. It's a fantastic little school contrary to the reputation.

I've been rubbish at organising anything, but I'm happy to travel so I will do my best to get to anything you organise mummy2under2.
I'm in hospital for an op next week but I'm going to sort out a meet-up for early August.... honest. smile

mummy2under2 Mon 24-Jun-13 10:02:39

Hello Tameside mums, I am the new Abbasador. I would like to set up a meet up for us all! I am a mum of 2 a 15 month and 11 week old, i want the meet up to be open to everyone with older kids younger kids etc whether they come with u or you come on your own smile let me know im in denton join the meetup http://local.mumsnet.com/stockport-tameside/group-meet-ups/denton

christianmum77 Thu 13-Jun-13 23:55:11

Hi everyone. I'm a mum of 5 beautiful daughters (15, 12, 10, 7 and 4) we moved here 3 weeks ago and in the midst of sorting schools out thanks to our old council losing the school forms. So teaching them at home temporary. Hope to meet some local mums to get together for coffee and chat. Living in Ashton under lyne and moved from Birmingham.

AwkwardAnnie Sun 09-Jun-13 09:30:56

Hurrah, Someone replied!

I'm thinking of doing a Saturday or Sunday in the park as we have this lovely weather. Probably either Cheethams, Hyde or Stamford Park. My daughter loves Cheethams, but the other 2 have cafes. Do you have a preference?

My 2 are 5y and 20m.

mummy2under2 Sat 08-Jun-13 21:52:31

Hello all smile Live in Tameside mum of 2 little cuties 15 months and 2 months xx

AwkwardAnnie Tue 23-Apr-13 22:40:29

Hi, I've just become a Local Ambassador for Tameside area, which means I've offered to run some meet-ups in the area. I work Mon-Fri so I'm hoping people would like to meet up somewhere one weekend. At least for the first one then we can do other dates too.
I'm in Stalybridge, but there seem to be quite a few people from Hyde.

Does anyone have any preference/suggestions about where they'd like to meet, or what days are best?

I'm looking forward to meeting some real MN'ers rather than doing odd things like leaving my shopping list in the trolley with odd items written on it and waiting to see if it gets posted on MN grin

Sally999 Tue 12-Mar-13 19:02:00

Hello! Im due in june and live in hyde, i start my maternity leave in 2 weeks n dreading how im goin 2 pass the time x

CorBeg Wed 13-Feb-13 10:29:07

Hello there,

I, too, moved to Hyde last year and had my lil boy in Sept. I am just coming out the other side of having a new baby and am wanting to get out and about a bit more. Give me a shout if you want to get out for coffees etc. Or know of any baby classes that are good to go to.

Corinne

lozzybo Fri 14-Sep-12 10:00:59

Hi I'm lauren I only just moved to Hyde end of July 2012 from London Heathrow area so I'm new! I have a 2 year old daughter and have no family up here and know only a few people so be good to get out more lol!

Rileypops Fri 14-Sep-12 09:39:44

Hi
I live in Denton and have a 9 month old son can anyone tell me of any good mums and tots groups or fun things to do with my son

Thanks

hermionestranger Wed 02-May-12 13:33:43

Hi again. There's a lovely playgroup in broadbottom at the magdelene centre on Friday mornings at 10. There's another lovely group at hollingworth children's centre.

My son is Gabriel so if you make if come and say hi!

bilblio Mon 26-Mar-12 21:53:44

Hi, Tameside now has its own NCT branch. I'm running the coffee morning at Ikea every week, until I return to work in July anyway. It's Tuesdays, 10:30ish, until 12:30... or more likely until we run out of things to talk about. I left at 2 last week. I'll be there with my 5 month old DS, and 4yo DD too if it's school holidays.

If you get yourself a free Ikea family card you can get discounted food (99p cooked breakfast before 11) and free tea or coffee.

jacksmummy119 Thu 15-Mar-12 14:39:33

Hi, my name is Lisa an a new mummy to my 6 month old son Jack. I would love to get to know other mums in hyde area as i dont know anyone at all sad also if there are some local groups we could go to so i can socalize jack an meet people. Im due to return back to work in may but only part time x

nic911 Sat 10-Mar-12 18:33:48

Hi,my name is nicola,im33 and my little boy taylor is 17mnths old,i would love to get to know other mums,im a little shy and im feeling a bit isolated,Taylor needs to mix with other children and i would love to have other mums to chat with,i live in stalybridge,nikki

nic911 Fri 09-Mar-12 12:25:04

Hi,im nicola...my son Taylor is 17mnths old now and i want to start going to some mums and tots groups i dont really know anyone in stalybridge...only husbands family,i would love to get to know other mums im a little shy so have been putting things off,but i want my son to make friends as he is limited to what he can do in a small front room,he is getting board...any one having same problems?

KerryNath Tue 06-Mar-12 08:39:56

Hi. I have an 11 week old baby boy and live in Ashton. In going stir crazy in with the baby all day and would love to meet up with some other mums who live nearby. Anyone who would like to please let me know. Lizzi are you still looking to meet up with other mums?

BabySensoryTameside Sat 25-Feb-12 21:47:41

Hello Tameside Mumsnetters!

I'm Catherine, a Tameside mum and I run Baby Sensory classes throughout Tameside. Classes are suitable for babies from birth to 13 months. Baby Sensory provides hundreds of sensory development activities that are great fun for parents and babies to share in the vital first year. Every week is different and you can come for the whole of that magical first year and never see the same class twice. Experience fibre optic light shows, bubbles, amazing light balls, puppet shows, music and movement exercises. Learn how to sign with and massage your baby and how to develop their senses at home.

There are classes running in Ashton-under-lyne, Hyde and Droylsden. To find out more visit: www.babysensory.com/en/ClassDetails.aspx?id=226, call 07791 900 538 or email tameside@babysensory.co.uk.

Catherine. x

lizzi1982 Mon 20-Feb-12 08:44:54

Hi
I'm a mummy to Luca, just over 5 months old. I've found that the baby groups we were attending at children's centers have all disappeared now sad would love to meet up with some other mums at places like slide an seek or any good groups people know of. Can be a bit daunting going to a new group when everyone knows each other already. I drive so can travel x

anothabubbla Thu 09-Feb-12 11:03:12

Have a pal who needs holiday clubs for her 5 yr old ds from June 2012. In Hyde/Dukinfield/Ashton. Any recommendations?
PS Sunshine Tots in Denton is lovely for smaller ones (tuesdays at Methodist Church). Wednesday at Godley Church Hall (Noah's Ark) also heard that's ok.

Cupcakey Tue 24-Jan-12 20:10:54

Hello mummy of Chloe, I'm new to this board I have a 5 month old dd would love to meet up if you fancy it, I live in Hyde on border of dukinfield, or if anyone else fancies meeting up for a natter give me a shout grin)

Kayleyjennifer Thu 05-Jan-12 18:40:25

Hi everyone I'm 23 years old live in dukinfield and have a 3 year old and a 6 month old I'd love to make some new friends with babies as going to places like slide and seek on my own is abit of a struggle with two I've tried toddler groups but they all have their own groups of friends and dont really bother with me and all the mums at my 3 years old nursery are older than me ! And is there any good groups to take baby in Tameside area I drive so can travel thanks

stephybump Wed 07-Dec-11 18:26:28

Hi Everyone!!! I live in denton! Im 20 years old and hubbys 24! I am 30 weeks pregnant! and would like to meet other mummys and mummys to be near by as i am of work from now on as i have 4 weeks holiday to take and then my mat leave and it was my last day to day! so would like to meet some new people to hang out with! smile xx

mummyofchloe Wed 16-Nov-11 15:54:11

Hello, I've been in Tameside about 14 months, started off in Hyde, then moved to Dukinfield, and I've got a daughter who was 1 yesterday (no prizes for guessing her name!) None of my friends have babies or live locally, and I want to get out and do some more Mummy-Babba activities, especially since I've just been diagnosed with depression. Would love to meet some other mummys and babies, at baby groups or just for a brew brew smile

tink2103 Thu 07-Jul-11 13:50:54

Hi everyone, I'm also in Hyde with 2 children aged 7 and 2 and I'm pregnant with my third, when I was on maternity leave with my daughter I met loads of lovely mums through the Tameside Mums facebook group, most of them are back at work now though so will need some new Mummy friends for when I finish work this time xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now