No survey just a yes or no ?

(10 Posts)
Rachelh999 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:50:51

Hi ☺I think I have a great idea for a new product but would massively appreciate honest and genuine feedbeek before I spend any money developing it.

This was not something I invented as such. I tried to find this product for my kids and was shocked that there wasn't one already out there. It might be that there's a reason for this and that's what I'm trying to find out.

My idea is for a lightweight cylinder container specifically to transport a tortilla wrap sandwich and keep it in tact. There will be 2 sizes a full size and one for a smaller wrap. Is this a good idea ?

1. Is it a good idea ? Yes or no
2. How likely would you be to buy it? Highly likely, likely, somewhat or unlikely
3. Who would you be buying it for?

Any other comments welcomed.

Thanks☺

Rainycity Fri 20-Oct-17 08:26:18

Hi there, I just tend to wrap mine in cling film and then maybe pop into a food bag to ensure it’s all secure. My problem with a container would be getting my wrap the right size and getting it into the container - I guess you’re thinking of a tube like container? (I’m not very good at folding them and if I make more than one they are always different sizes!)

Anditstartsagain Fri 20-Oct-17 08:31:33

I would buy as would my mum.

Rachelh999 Fri 20-Oct-17 09:37:20

Thanks so much for your feedback. Rainycity I take on board what you're saying but it is really easy to use. It's wide enough to get a packed wrap in but still holds smaller wraps togther so it doesnt matter what size you've made the wrap.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond ☺

If anyone else has any thoughts it would be much appreciated

TempusEejit Wed 25-Oct-17 17:32:13

Probably not as I'd want a larger lunchbox to hold both my cling filmed tortilla along with the rest of my lunch. Or if I was really bothered I'd buy something like this: bacon box from tesco direct

VeganCow Sat 28-Oct-17 00:25:50

Great idea. Amazon sell things like banana holders so I think your idea would do well on sites like Amazon and eBay.

Rachelh999 Sat 28-Oct-17 13:56:15

Thanks everyone, it's interesting see how different people respond. I think it's a bit like marmite. TempusEejit thanks for your input. I suppose it's hard to comment without actually seeing the product but the whole point of it is that it the wrap can eaten on the go, you hold the bottom part of the container whilst eating it so there's no mess . It's nothing like the bacon box but I can see what you're saying.

Guardsman18 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:30:53

What a good idea! I'd buy one. Good luck you clever thing!

Guardsman18 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:32:35

Ps - would buy for my son who just throws things in his bag and then wonders why his food is all over the place

Rachelh999 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:47:21

Guardsman 18 , thanks for your feedback. Your son sounds very much like both my son's 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now