Moving to disley

(3 Posts)
iklemma79 Mon 27-Feb-17 21:10:24

Hi there, just wondering if anyone knows anything about disley living there, what's on etc. My husband might be getting a transfer to disley. We have 2 kids, 4 and 1. Have no idea about the area so any advice would be great! Thanks

Winkypie Thu 06-Apr-17 15:54:11

Hi, only just seen your post. Disley is a nice little village. I moved to the area a few months ago (chinley) and I'm loving it. Lyme Park is in Disley - great for kite flying, sledging and outdoor things. There's loads of baby & toddler classes in romiley, marple and high lane. And easy rail links to Manchester or Buxton for shopping etc.

peanutbutterpopcorn Fri 21-Apr-17 23:05:07

I live about 3 miles from Disley. My favourite thing about living here is that we are in the countryside without being in the middle of nowhere. Lots of walks on the hills, and trails for cycling, but still have a supermarket within walking distance!
I'm guessing you know by now if your husband got the transfer. Are you moving/have you moved?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now