September's Stockport MSLC Meeting(1 Post)
The 'Hot Topic' for September's Stockport MSLC meeting is 'Pain Relief in Labour'.
July's MSLC meeting focused on 'Birth Options after Caesarean'. Julie Estcourt, Head of Midwifery for Stockport NHS Foundation Trust gave an informative presentation on VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean).
Did you know that...
* All women who have had a previous caesarean at Stepping Hill are offered a 30 minute VBAC appointment to talk about issues from their previous caesarean and discuss VBAC as an option
* During this appointment women are also given the opportunity to attend a VBAC evening with other women in a similar situation
* VBAC evenings are held every 2 months at Stepping Hill and that prebooking is required (contact Helen Stanley firstname.lastname@example.org)
* VBAC evenings usually cover topics such as making a birthplan, what happens in labour, analgesia, hospital discharge and breastfeeding
* Partners and labour supporter(s) are very welcome to come too
Service users also reported their own experiences. We went on to have a lively discussion around 'Am i allowed to…’ and how vital it is that women know all their options, and the benefits and risks of each option in order to give informed consent. Women also need to fully understand their rights in pregnancy, labour and during the postnatal period. We talked about developing this further and promoting awareness of women's rights in maternity care. Watch this space!
Our next meeting is on Tuesday 8 September at 7.15-8.45pm in the Education Room, Woman's Unit (ground floor), Stepping Hill Hospital, Hazel Grove, SK2 7JE. Please like and share! All welcome!
Maria Novelly (Chair, Stockport MSLC & NCT Stockport Member)
Email us at email@example.com or tweet us @Stockport_MSLC
Why not get involved in helping to improve local Maternity Services? Stockport MSLC (Maternity Services Liason Committee) would really like to hear what you thought of your maternity care before, during and after your baby's birth. We'd also like ideas and suggestions from local parents for future Maternity Services.
We meet 6 times a year for 1.5 hours each time. Future Stockport MSLC meetings are on:
Wed 4 November 2015 - Hot Topic is 'Anomalous Birth Outcomes and the Development of Baby'
January 2016 (date tbc) – Hot Topic is 'Post Natal Care'
Parking fees and bus fares will now be reimbursed at meetings.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now
Already registered with Mumsnet? Log in to leave your comment or alternatively, sign in with Facebook or Google.
Please login first.