Anyone close to Central Stockport?

(9 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Fri 14-Jun-13 20:55:14

Hello fellow Stockport mums smile

We moved to the area nearly two years ago now but i've only really made one friend round here, could do with one or two more!

We used to live in Chorlton but it was too expensive to bring up our first DD there (now 17 mo) so we moved here. I really miss the alternative culture of Chorlton (and all the hippies! grin) and it would be lovely to meet some like minded people round here too.

If there are any of you out there please give me a shout, i'm starting to think that maybe i'm the only person in a 3 mile radius that doesn't own a tracksuit! grin

Itsfabupnorth Mon 17-Jun-13 12:23:27

Hi, I am the new local editor of the Stockport and Tameside site. I know what you mean about Chorlton it is expensive but I too like the culture. I'm getting to know Stockport area too, not sure what area of Stockport you are in but if you take a look on our toddler group page that I am adding to then maybe that could be good. On another note, I am looking for local ambassadors to arrange meet ups, would it be something that you would be interested in, it isn't a big comittment, but could be a good way of getting to know people in the area. If you would like to find out a bit more info then please email me and we can chat a bit more stockport.tameside@mumsnetlocal.com smile

OhWhatAPalaver Wed 19-Jun-13 11:37:39

Thanks for the reply, I will drop you an email later smile

MoneyMakingMum Tue 30-Jul-13 17:11:11

Hi Ladies,
I've got a meet up event on tomorrow at Rhode Island Coffee in Stockport - It's got a work theme on it though - but it's parent friendly event and aimed at people looking for flexible work, or work from home opportunities.

Rhode Island Coffee might make you feel a bit more like you are in Chorlton ....

Event details here (free btw)

introductiontofreelancing.eventbrite.co.uk

Librarina Thu 05-Sep-13 19:57:15

Hi, I'm trying to find some nice baby groups to go to in the Heald Green and Cheadle area as I can't keep trekking to Chorlton to go to the groups there, not least because its costing me a fortune in Barbakan!

So if anyone of a vaguely hippy and nice persuasion fancies meeting up with me and my 11 week old, perhaps we could go to something together?

Itsfabupnorth Thu 03-Oct-13 19:16:51

HI, sorry it's taken so long to reply, I hope you still looking on. there are a few yoga classes for you and your baby in cheadle, take a look in Baby & Toddler groups. I will look into some in Heald Green and put on, the website is in it's infancy so not comphrehensive. If you come accross any more please let us know, you can even add it yourself as the site is self listing...

M2GS Sun 19-Jan-14 01:59:45

Hi I'm in the Stockport are and justwanted to say hi

KatieChooChoo Tue 28-Jan-14 16:26:57

Hi,
I too moved to Stockport 2 years ago and still dont really have any friends of my own in the area. My partner is from Stockport and has lots!!
If any groups are still going please let me know.
Thanks

PPACStockport Fri 21-Mar-14 09:34:35

I moved to Stockport 2 years ago too and suffered a major stroke a few months later. Unlike most of you, I've found it much friendlier than where I was in Manchester and my neighbours have been really welcoming and helped me alot when I was unable to do much for myself. If anyone likes art, I run a small and friendly art class on Thursday evenings in South Reddish. It may be a way for you to make a few new friends?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now